Nebraska Opportunity Grant (NOG)

The NOG is awarded through postsecondary institutions within the state. Therefore, students must apply to the school to be considered for the grant. All institutions require applicants to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is available from high school counselors, the EducationQuest College Planning offices located in Nebraska or on line at Some institutions require an institutional application as well, so make sure you check with the financial aid office at the school(s) you are interested in attending.


Community College Gap Assistance Program

The Community College Gap Assistance Program aims to address this looming shortage by offering financial aid to community college students taking non-credit courses that could lead to jobs in high-need fields. These are low-income students who would not be eligible for federal financial aid because, although they’re enrolled in college, they are not enrolled in courses for credit that lead directly to a degree.